Monday 9 June 2014

Artists Diary Week 8

So, started Monday morning with an early morning walk in the drizzle, really was quite wonderful. Art wise it was some framing followed by two finished works and the start of another, all 14"x10" w/c. The subjects are quite diverse and I enjoyed the process.



Tuesday I was off to physio, all that framing is not so good for the shoulder. Finished a cafe scene started the previous day.



Wednesday we were out early towards Freemans Reach on the turf farms and did two small oils, one 12"x10" and the other 10"x8". I am finding these small studies invaluable for understanding the medium.





Received a call from Grenfell that afternoon to say I had won 1st Prize in watercolour at The Henry Lawson Arts Festival! Also a Commended in Pastel.


So Thursday saw us heading out to Grenfell for the presentation that evening and what a wonderful night! They also had Henry Lawson aka Geoffrey W Graham reciting poetry, very moving indeed.




We stopped along the way out near Cowra for me to paint and I did a full sheet watercolour, still need to work on the farmer and a few other bits but had to stop because it was getting so cold! We spent the evening in Millthorpe with our son and his family and headed home via the granddaughters' pre school in Bathurst to do the morning run! She is 4 and kept us entertained segueing from how volcanoes are formed to fairies and elves and much, much more! On arriving home had a message on the answering machine to say I had won 2nd prize in watercolour at the Bacchus Marsh Rotary Art Show in Melbourne and would I be attending that evening. Gave my apologies!




Saturday framed most of the day, not so good for the shoulder, and completed the last of my 14"x10" pieces for my show in August! Happy to have had such a productive day.



Saturday evening we attended the opening of my good friend Mellissa Read-Devines' exhibition at Purple Noon Gallery at Freemans Reach. Well worth a visit, a wonderful, vibrant, happy show.

Sunday I was back in that framing room. 

   
And here we are again, the start of a new week and all the possibilities it has to offer.



No comments:

Post a Comment