Monday 24 November 2014

Artists' Diary Week 32

Another full week painting continuing on with my plein air challenge. Have not completed one a day as intended, life does seem to get in the way at times.



16"x12"
'Spotted Gum'
and 
'Dappled Light' 


'Up Behind the Sheds' 16"x12"

'North on the Hawkesbury' 24"x12"

The most exciting thing to happen this week was the receipt of a letter informing me I was the 2014 Artist of the Year for the Combined Art Societies of Sydney (CASS) 


Also had both my paintings accepted into the Blacktown City Art Prize

Headed off to the RAS on Friday to teach, fortunately they have air conditioning in the studios with the outside temperature soaring.


'Over the Fence' Friday demonstration

Had family visit which is always wonderful and miss them when they leave.

Opened my studio again on the weekend and had a few more visitors including someone I admire greatly as a person and an artist who took the time to visit! Had a couple of sales which is always a good thing. Sunday it was just horrible weather wise, got to 44.4deg and was pretty uncomfortable for everyone.

Still smiling in 44deg as I wrapped some paintings.

Sunday night took the time to enter a few shows coming up in January.

What's coming up;
Blacktown City Art Awards
Royal Art Society 9"x5" exhibition

Happy Painting!




No comments:

Post a Comment