Monday 10 November 2014

Artists' Diary Week 30

Friends, family and fun

This week has been defined by family visiting and spending time with friends and generally just enjoying the beautiful weather!

My brother flew out to Canada on Wednesday after a couple of weeks with us to catch up with our elderly father. He was helpful (his wife had told him to give us a hand), fixed my Julian box for me, cleaned our driveway and did other odd jobs, he also cooked and cleaned! Something I am always happy to share.

This was followed up with my son and his family coming down from beautiful Merriwa for the weekend.

Around all of this socializing I am still preparing for my open studio. Have collected my new signs and changed over paintings!

I have also been continuing with my plein air challenge but missed Saturday. I was too busy in Sydney wandering the Botanic Gardens then heading to the Opera House for a matinee performance from the Australian Ballet 'Labayadere'.








The gardens are truly stunning this year and I recommend a visit!

Huge Jacaranda in full bloom
The roses are just stunning!

Friday was at the RAS teaching and it was nice to do a watercolour.
'Along the Federal Highway'

Was delighted to hear one of my students won the watercolour prize at the student exhibition at the RAS on Friday evening. In fact they all won a prize, was feeling chuffed.

So, what's coming up? My open studio over the next two weekends. All welcome so come and enjoy a glass of wine and some nibbles with me!


Happy Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment