Thursday 22 May 2014

Artist Diary Week 5

I am very late this week, haven't had access to my files since Sunday night.
Started last week with more deliveries and collections. So many shows this time of year.
Tuesday afternoon I ducked down the road for a quick plein air session.

12"x10" tree study oil

7"x14" South towards Penrith oil

I followed this up with another quick plein air session on Wednesday morning with my painting buddy Gloria Galvin.

10"x12" Nth Richmond Farm oil

12"x24" Along Terrace Rd oil

My next 2 day workshop will be at Grose Wold on an amazing property where we will be doing some plein air as well as studio work! 

On Thursday I had lunch with my dad and sister at our favorite Yum Cha Restaurant, always a good feed. Also delivered paintings to my courier and collected some for myself and good friend Mellissa Read Devine and then spent the next few days on and off tracking some LOST work. Good news tho', the courier had them all the time, just misplaced not lost!

Friday, Saturday and Sunday saw me teaching at the Art in Action workshops at Merroo in Kurrajong. Had some very enthusiastic participants who all said they enjoyed the experience and learned some new techniques. Teaching can be tiring but also very fulfilling and to see people go away with a smile on their face makes me happy too! 

 Teaching techniques for Yupo paper
 The NSW Govenor, Marie Bashir visited and had a lovely chat. She is truly an inspirational woman and if ever the chance arises to hear her talk it should not be missed!
 One of the subjects which the students tackled and they did a very good job of it.

After finishing for the weekend I headed to the airport and onto a flight to Brisbane to spend some much needed time with my daughter!


No comments:

Post a Comment