Tuesday 28 October 2014

Artists' Diary Week 28

A very exciting week for me indeed.

Began with delivering works for myself and another artist to Blackheath.
Continued on with my framing in readiness for my open studio weekend only to find I cut a whole bunch of full sheet mats too small! Not quite sure just what I was thinking that day.

Delivered paintings to my courier to go to Nundle.

Thursday I headed for the beautiful Kanimbla Valley for a workshop with the extraordinary artist Warwick Fuller. Stopped on the way to paint and was joined by another artist which is always fun.

The weekend was just amazing, great location, food, discussion and exemplary tuition.
Warwick is a wonderful tutor with a great store of knowledge, is generous with his time and makes everyone feel very comfortable regardless of their skill level.





Some of the wonderful vistas and Warwick doing a demonstration painting.





My efforts from the weekend.

On Thursday evening I received a call from Warragul Rotary to say I had won the Best in Show with my painting 'Perched', was pretty chuffed!


After a very full weekend I returned home to see my brother from Canada who is visiting for my fathers' 91st birthday!

Time to recut my mats and continue sorting the studio!
Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment