Monday 11 August 2014

Artists' Diary Week 17

Monday was a pretty lazy day until when I was loading some extra paintings for my exhibition and discovered three needed reframing! Then the rush was on.

Tuesday I headed to Breathing Colours Gallery in Balmain to drop off the extras and check out my show. The gallery looks lovely. 

On Wednesday the plan was to paint with friends but we got hooked on checking out some new artists and studying their work. There are so many wonderful artists out there producing work that is simply breathtaking.

Thursday it was off to The Art Scene at Ryde to do a watercolour demonstration using Schminke watercolours. We had a wonderful group who asked many insightful and intelligent questions. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
 'Ridges Farm, Windsor'


After a trip to the library Friday morning I headed into the RAS to teach my afternoon watercolour class. This term we are concentrating on sheds and buildings in the landscape.
'Old Irish Town' 1/2 sheet watercolour

That evening was spent with friends, just enjoying each others company.

Saturday dawned and after spending some time pottering in the garden we headed to Balmain for the opening of my solo exhibition.
With another wonderful artist, the gorgeous Kristine Ballard
The stunning mother and daughter Patricia and Mellissa, both very talented ladies and Mellissa will have a solo show at BC following mine!


Neville guarding my painting 'Perched' which he wants to keep!

The opening was wonderful and it was lovely to have so many friends come along for support.

Needless to say Sunday I was pretty tired so spent some time in the veggie garden, read some of my current novel and generally took it easy.
My show continues for another week and I will be there on Tuesday.


Feeling keen to get back into the studio! 





2 comments:

  1. I loved reading about your week. One day I hope to be able to enjoy putting my work into exhibitions and you (and Mellissa) inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Amanda, I hope you will follow your dream and do so! Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete