Monday 9 March 2015

Artists' Diary week ending March 8th 2015

Whew, what a week and I feel like I am actually starting to build up a new body of work.

Did a watercolour demonstration for the Kuringai Art Society, lovely bunch of artists and the only problem was I chose such a ridiculously difficult subject to do and couldn't finish in the allotted time. Learned a very valuable lesson and one I tell all my students
'Keep it simple stupid!

 'The Evening Market' 1/2 sheet w/c

Painted plein air around Wallace Lake on Wednesday after delivering paintings to the Portland Art Show.


1/4 sheet w/cs
 The Royal Art Society has their autumn exhibition showing, well worth a visit!  

Completed an oil over an old w/c I wasn't particularly happy with.
                   
Did some studio work of Burano, 1/2 and 1/4 sheets 
1/4 sheet demo
An FB friend is having a solo show, too far for me but for anyone closer would be worth a look. 
 So what's next?
Will have a few pieces in this show.

So many shows on and have managed to miss two deadlines completely!

Doing a watercolour demonstration Tuesday night for the Macarthur Art Group at Narellan.

Too much happening methinks!

Happy Painting!






No comments:

Post a Comment