Sunday 21 September 2014

Artists' Diary Week 23

A prize, some sales and meeting new artists!

Not a whole lot of painting happening just now, renovations are really taking hold of my time!

Visited my courier to collect some unsold work and to drop in and see family for a short visit.

On my way to teach on Friday got a call from Hobsons Bay Rotary Art Show to tell me I was lucky enough to win 1st in Watercolour!
'Perched'
This was followed by 2 more messages to let me know I had sold 2 paintings as well. Woot.
'Autumn Morning, Bright' Sold!
'Maintenance' Sold!



Taught my Friday class and they completed 2 paintings in the 3hr afternoon session. I was impressed. One was a no drawing exercise again and they found it liberating to not be constrained by a preliminary drawing.

                                              


 Saturday was a quick trip to Richmond to drop off paintings and then on to Windsor for a short plein air session. Only had a spare hour or so, had places to go in the afternoon!



First up in the afternoon was one of my plein air painting buddies, Marcia Reas' student exhibition. Marcia is a well known and respected artist. 

MASTER and APPRENTICES
Everyone is enthusiastically invited to attend 
an Exhibition of New Works 
by the Students of MARCIA REA, Professional Artist and Teacher;
Mary Vassallo, Shanthi Kugenthiran, Denise Sancbergs,
Ken Callaghan, Ed Sancbergs.

OFFICIAL OPENING
2.00pm Sat 20th Sept 2014 (wine & canapés)
Then each day between 10.00am & 4pm until Sun 28th Sept.
at
MARCIA REA FINE ART STUDIO
522 Terrace Road, Freemans Reach. NSW..
ph 4579 6338

Painting by Marcia to be raffled in support of
Hawkesbury Rural Fire Service

From there I ducked home to collect my man and head to Balmain for the opening of a group show 'Can't Wait for Summer'
at Breathing Colours Gallery
446 Darling Rd Balmain running until the 28th September.
 Mellissa Read Devine, Gabby Malpas, Kirana Haag, myself and John Klein at our group show opening.
'Calm morning, The Entrance' Sold!
All in all a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment