Sunday 20 April 2014

Week One of my Ongoing Artists Diary

Welcome to my new blog. I am new to all of this so here I go!

I thought this would be a good idea because I often feel I am not really achieving very much but by documenting my art practice by way of a diary might help me to understand just where my life disappears to!

This week has been huge. It started with two days of framing paintings to ready for exhibitions. I have them stacked ready to go to seven different shows. On Wednesday I headed off  to Melbourne to meet up with my courier, Do Noble who does all my deliveries in Victoria. I needed to swap some older work for some more recent paintings for upcoming shows in Melbourne. He is a very well organised gentleman and if you need someone I recommend him to you. Noble Couriers can be contacted on 0418175307.

I also visited Hampton Art Supplies at Hampton. They were generous enough to honour a voucher I won at the Bayside Rotary Art Show even though they were new owners and were unaware of the sponsorship of the previous owners. It was very much appreciated!
http://www.hamptonartsupplies.com.au

It was then out to Yarram in Gippsland where I was invited to judge the local Rotary Art Show. This was extremely difficult especially in a couple of categories where all entrants were worthy of an award. I also had a wall of my own work on view and for sale.


'Moored' Sold

After leaving Yarram we headed to Bright where I also have some paintings in the Bright Autumn Exhibiton. I have exhibited here for a number of years and was amazed at the size and quality of this show. Well worth a visit.
Visit the website for more information
http://www.brightartgallery.org.au/current-brightar.html

From Bright we headed home to Castlereagh to see family who are visiting from Merriwa. 

Tomorrow I will be heading to the studio to start on some new work.  

'Bridge Hotel, Yackandandah' on view at Yarram









1 comment: